Saturday, January 31, 2009

Boun Giorno: First Week in Italy


So much has happened in my first week here. It has all been so exciting! When I arrived in Milan Elena and Alessandro came to pick me up. The first day was hard to stay up with only 3 hours of sleep but somehow I made it to the evening. The next day we went skiing in Courmayer for the weekend. The night before we went it snowed 30 inches! WOW!! I haven't skied on that much snow in a long time. Hanging out with my Italian family was great, like no time as passed since last Christmas. I then left them the following Wednesday for Florence. Florence is a city that has met all of my expectations and beyond. I am living in an apartment with 5 other girls right in the heart of where all the Italians live in the city. This morning at the market was my first time I tried using italian sentences and it went aweful. Some of the locals from small towns don't know much English. Hopefully I will do better next time. We also took a bus today up to this little town called Fiesole that overlooks the whole city of Florence....bellissimo!!

All of my roommates with Tuscany in the background.

No comments: