Friday, March 13, 2009

"Piazza San Michelangelo"

One weekend I had the opportunity to stay in Florence. One lazy afternoon Jenna, my roomate, and I visited Piazza San Michelangelo. This is a popular tourist place in Florence that looks over the whole city. You have to climb this small mountain to get up there but the views are worth it! We spend 3 hours there sketching and watching the scenery. While Jenna was reading and I was sketching some tourists even stopped and would say, "look mom this girl is sketching." I was really impressed because I never think my sketches are that good. My design teacher, Julie, who taught me how to draw would have been proud. haha. That night my friend Mike who went to high school with me came into town from where he is studying in northern Italy. It was fun for me because I haven't seen him in a while and it gave me the opportunity to do the touristy stuff in Florence. We went and climbed the duomo, saw David and just walked around. It was a fun relaxing weekend.


Florence city at sunset. So beautiful!!!


Mike and I on the Ponte Vecchio.


No comments: