Friday, March 13, 2009

Were Going to France!!!

Going skiing in the Alps is becoming one of my favorite things to do in Italy. This time that I went my friends Kelly and Kaley came with me to meet Alessandro and the Stucovitzs'. We all met in Milan then drove up to Courmayer together. Kaley decided she wanted to try snowboarding for the first time. haha. That was interesting. Kelly helped her and played ski instructor the whole time with Alessandro and I went off onto the mountain. Every time I have gone skiing it has always snowed a bunch which is awesome for powder. The first day we skiied at the ski resort and I skiied on a couloir for the first time. A couloir is a french word for passage and means a deep gorge or gully formation found on the side of a mountain. It was really cool. I felt like I could be in a ski video or something. haha. The second day we decided I was realy to take on Mont Blanc. The views from the top were amazing!!!! I felt like I was on top of the world (but really Europe). The snow and sun combined for a great day. Once we got home Alessandro thought it would be fun to go to France for an apres ski. We drove under Mont Blanc through a tunnel that takes 20 minutes to go to the cute town of Chamonix. Kaley, Kelly, and I were excited because this was our first time out of Italy since we got here. It was also interesting that you could drive to another county in less than 30 minutes. France was worth it! The last day in Courmayer we decided to try something different than skiing and ventured to the bunny hill with the little kids to go sledding. They probably thought these 20 years olds were wierd sledding next to them but we enjoyed ourself feeling like kids again. The weekend was so much fun we were all dredding going back to Florence to study for midterms.


see the little person, thats me skiing on Mont Blanc, it was a little scary



our sledding adventure



the city of Courmayer from Mont Blanc

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So jealous I love france